Friday, June 16, 2017

Experimenting with Burgers 3

Now for the third of the four burger meals I'm exploring using Kroger's brand Private Selection for most of the ingredients. This time we're using Simple Truth 80% Lean Natural Ground Beef (coupon), Private Selection Truffle Aioli Sauce (coupon), Private Selection Muenster Sliced Cheese (coupon), and Private Selection Carolina Inspired BBQ Kettle Potato Chips.  To check out the ingredients I used in this post look here. This is the most calorie intensive burger meal yet because of the beef but also the aioli Sauce and I only used a teaspoon of it on my burger. I was sent products from the Kroger store brand called Private Selection for free in exchange for testing and writing about my experience with these products. I received a bag of Texas Inspired BBQ Kettle Potato Chips and a can of Green Chile Ranch Seasoning Rub from MyMagazine, a Kroger program. I was also sent a lot of coupons for several products in the Private Selection line and from Kroger to use myself and also to share.

I'm not a fan at all of this meat. 80% lean results in very small burgers, very greasy burgers, and frankly too calorie heavy burgers. The sauce was good but there is no way I would want more than 1/3 of a serving of it. The munster cheese was the big burger winner for this meal, it was smooth and melted just enough. The chips were a very good balance of sweet and tangy, not spicy at all. These are my favorite chips of the three varieties I bought on sale and with coupons.


No comments:

Post a Comment