Friday, June 2, 2017

Experimenting with Burgers 1

Normally I write about food not here on this shared blog but on my main blog, The Chocolate Cult. However, I was sent some products and coupons that had nothing to do with chocolate in any form so I thought I'd share the results of testing these products on this blog. I plan to try out the products with four different types of burgers - pork, beef, chicken, and turkey -- with different types of potato chips, condiments, and cheeses, all purchased using the coupons I was sent. Most of the products were also on sale when I bought them so I saved quite a good amount. To check out the ingredients I used in this post look here. I was sent products from the Kroger store brand called Private Selection for free in exchange for testing and writing about my experience with these products. I received a bag of Texas Inspired BBQ Kettle Potato Chips and a can of Green Chile Ranch Seasoning Rub from MyMagazine, a Kroger program. I was also sent a lot of coupons for several products in the Private Selection line and from Kroger to use myself and also to share.

Before I get to my first burger testing, let me show you all that I purchased using these coupons.

The fourth variety I found in my local Kroger wasn't one I think my family would like so I got two varieties using coupons and, of course, the one I was sent.


I sent the rub but I also bought three other condiments using the coupons. I'm a bit worried about the spiciness of Green Chili Ranch rub but I'll pair it with ground chicken in my next experiment as the box suggests. I can use these other condiments with other burgers easily.


Four types of meat for burgers so I'll pair them with four varieties of Private Selection cheese slices from the Kroger deli.


Finally I got some mushrooms for my menfolk to try out on any of the burgers. I picked a type I thought they'd both like, pre-sliced for ease of putting on a burger.


Pork Burger, Swiss, Texas BBQ Chips, Memphis BBQ Sauce
Now that I've laid out what I bought, let's look at the first experiment using Texas Inspired BBQ Kettle Chips, ground pork, Swiss cheese, and Memphis Inspired BBQ Sauce. I used a sandwich slim for all of the burgers for a balance of calories and nutrition.

I did not like the Texas Inspired BBQ chips -- very vinegary!

The Swiss cheese was excellent, thickly cut, 80 calories a slice.

The BBQ Sauce was slightly sweet and went well with the pork burger.


#FireUpTheFlavor, #PrivateSelection, #FreeSamp

No comments:

Post a Comment