Tuesday, January 10, 2017

An Open Letter to Donald Trump




Dear Mr. Trump;

I want to start with a confession.  I didn’t vote for you in the 2016 presidential election.  That shouldn’t surprise you since an overwhelming majority of voters didn’t either but I just wanted to be clear that I’m not part of that “landslide” by which you claim that you won.

Let’s start with a few of the obvious reasons I refused to vote for you:

  1. Your complete lack of morals.
  2. Your complete lack of political experience
  3. Your complete lack of leadership skills.  (No, being a big shot CEO doesn’t count.  Not when it involves the lying, cheating and foisting off responsibility for your mistakes to the taxpayers of this country.)

But let’s get down to where the fork meets the grits.  You see, what bothered me most was that you never had a plan… or at least one you could clearly state.  You said you had plans, great plans, plans that would benefit Americans muchly.  I find it difficult to vote for someone if I don’t understand what’s going on inside their heads.  And all I could see inside your head was a hot mess of half-truths, whole lies, and overwhelming narcissism.

One of those lies was when you said you were going to “drain the swamp” of Washington insiders.  You didn’t drain the swamp.  You did, however, put a whole new shine on the concept of cronyism.  I look at your choices of cabinet members and see how stupid you are.  You see, a smart person knows their limitations and surrounds himself with people who  don’t have those limitations and then actively listens to what they have to say.  You have chosen people who don’t know anything about the positions they’ve been nominated for.  An Attorney General who doesn’t even know what constitutes ‘assault’?  An energy secretary who once claimed that he wanted to do away with the department?  Okay, technically he never actually said it because he suffered a brain cramp and couldn’t even remember what it was that he was against.  An education secretary who thinks that we should do away with public education?  These are not people who will be able to knowledgeably guide you during your tenure.  They’re glory hounds, just like you.  They have two things in common.  They’re lacking in the necessary skills/experience to do the job adequately.  And they’re totally willing to kiss your fake-tanned ass.  

You lied about saving jobs at Carrier Corp. and Ford Motor Company.  You lied about knowing more than all the intelligence services combined when you said you knew more about Russians interfering with a presidential election.  You lied about building a wall and making Mexico pay for it.  And you lied when you said Alec Baldwin’s impersonation of you on Saturday Night Live wasn’t funny.  Actually it isn’t funny.  It was downright hysterical!  And I’m willing to bet that every time he goes on SNL, he remembers this little scene from The Hunt for Red October.   

Being a cheat and a liar is no way to return this country to greatness as you claim you want to do.  This is why I’m writing; to tell you that I intend to do everything in my power to limit the amount of damage you’re going to do to this country that I live in and I love.  I will call and write senators and congressmen daily.  I will post on social media several times a day.  I will join with others who feel the same way I do and together we will be the ones to bring greatness to the United States of America.

One last thing, Mr. Trump.  I was raised in a politically active family back in the day when there was civility in politics.  And my mother pounded into my soul the notion that whoever occupied the White House should be referred to as “President  <last name>”.  You don’t refer to them only by last name (Obama, Reagan, Kennedy) or a clever twist on their name (Shrub instead of Bush) because they are due the respect of the office.  You, however, have made such a mockery of the office, and you aren’t yet even the president, that I have a difficult time associating the respected office with the name Trump.  In The American President, Aaron Sorkin writes that being president is all about character.  Truer words were never spoken.  For decades, you have demonstrated that you have none.  People of character do not renege on business contracts just to make a higher profit.  They don’t con people out of large sums of money to “teach” them the ins and outs of real estate. They don’t insult journalists, parents of fallen service men, or members of the LGBTQ community. They don’t assault women and brag about it.  (And despite what Jeff Sessions says, what you advocate doing is assault.)  Therefore after the inauguration, I will refer to you as President Pussygrabber because it’s the office that deserves the respect and not you.

Disrespectfully yours,
Lisa





1 comment:

  1. Might want to edit it to include the video clip here since right not it takes anyone who clicks on it to another page.

    ReplyDelete